Hey all. First time positing since Cooks vs. Cons on Food Network, more on that to come on a later date. I made this one up for Fourth of July when I had 5 picnics to go to and it went over so well that a lot of people have asked me for the recipe and I figured I would share it with everyone! Enjoy!
12 ears of corn
1/2 jar Roasted Red Peppers
1/2 jar Sun-dried Tomatoes
1 carton cherry tomatoes
1) Butter ears of corn and wrap in foil. Cook on grill or in oven around 500 degrees for 40 minutes (turn once if on grill).
2) Place all tomatoes on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook in oven or on grill with corn for 15-20 minutes on baking sheet (this way the juices are gathered on the baking sheet)
3) Rough chop the scallions, sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers.
4) Cut all corn off the cobs and put in large mixing bowl with tomatoes (reserving the juices on the side), scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers. Thoroughly mix.
5) Make a simple dressing by whisking together the juices of the tomatoes, 2 tbs olive oil, 3 cloves roasted garlic, 2 tsp ginger, 1 tbs juices from Roasted Red Pepper jar, 1 tbs juices from sun-dried tomato jar, salt, and pepper.
6) Dress the salad, mixing well, and dust with old bay seasoning.
I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did! Till next time, MaurPowerFoodie signing off.