Today I was at work and found out I needed to make dinner, but I did not have anything defrosted and knew I would only have about an hour to prepare something after stopping at the store and heading home. I knew I had some tortellini in the fridge and could easily defrost some homemade sauce (don’t have any homemade sauce, no need to use/buy a jar of it, you can make your own with my 15 Minute Sauce Recipe!). So I stopped at the store and picked up some complimentary ingredients: Hot Italian Sausage, Sweet Italian Sausage, boneless chicken breast tenders, fresh mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. That’s it!
Here are all the ingredients you need (minus the sauce):
I got home and started on the meal.
Now for the nice and easy steps to follow:
1) Marinade the chicken in Italian dressing, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
2) Start water to boil.
3) Grill all the meats (Hot Italian Sausage, Sweet Italian Sausage, and boneless chicken breast tenders).
4) Preheat the oven to 400.
5) Boil the tortellini to a nice al dente… usually about 5-6 minutes. Drain tortellini and set aside.
6) Remove the meats from the grill.
7) Cut meat into bite size or smaller pieces.
8) Warm sauce in pot from pasta.
9) Mix in meats and tortellini.
10) Pour the contents of the pot into a glass baking dish.
11) Top the dish with a layer of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
12) Put the dish in the oven on broil for 5 minutes until cheese is the completely melted.
There you have it… a delicious, Italian dinner in an hour! I would normally make my own sausage (more on that in a later post) but when time does not permit, fresh sausage from the butcher at the grocery store certainly does the trick. This really came out great, and I highly suggest it next time you are in a pinch for a quick dinner, or even if you’re not.
Till next time, this is Jason “MaurPowerFoodie” Maur signing out.