Yes, you read that right. A festival that is all about TACOS and I have 2 free tickets that could be yours (details below)! And you know what else, MaurPowerFoodie is going to be your MC all day at the festival. Join me, Rey Mysterio, Jerry “The King” Lawler, VAP Events and all of the wonderful vendors for the best fiesta of the summer at the Connecticut Taco Festival on Saturday, August 26, 2017 from 10 AM to 8 PM! Ages 5+
If you want to win tickets, here is how:
Each person can earn entries 5 ways and the winner will be selected at random. You can earn entries as follows:
- Like Connecticut Taco Festival, MaurPowerFoodie, and VAP Events on facebook, and share the CT Taco Festival event, being sure to tag Connecticut Taco Festival, MaurPowerFoodie, and VAP Events (1 entry)
- Follow MaurPowerFoodie.Wordpress.com and leave a comment on this post saying why you should get tickets (1 entry)
- Follow @CT_TacoFestival and @MaurPowerFoodie on Twitter and Tweet about the event tagging @CT_TacoFestival and @MaurPowerFoodie in the tweet (1 entry)
- Follow @connecticuttacofestival and @MaurPowerFoodie on Instagram and post a pic of some of your favorite tacos tagging @connecticuttacofestival and @MaurPowerFoodie on Instagram (1 entry)
- Donate to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer here! (1 entry for each $10 donated)
All entries must be in my 11:59 PM on August 18th and then the winner will be chosen at random on August 19th.
More information on the event below!
Subscribe to the newsletter for ticket deals at:
Remember to check your spam!
ADVANCE TICKETS AVAILABLE here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/connecticut-taco-festival-tickets-35227922665
Gourmet Tacos from Restaurants & Food Trucks
Frozen Margaritas, Tequila & Mexican Beer provided by Bumski’s
Lucha Libre Mexican Wrestling feat. REY MYSTERIO
Taco-Eating Contests with $1,000 CASH GRAND PRIZE!
Final Taco-Eating Contest JUDGED BY REY MYSTERIO & JERRY LAWLER
Live Music & Performances, including a Mariachi Band, Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Brookfield, Ballet Folklórico Mexicano de Yale and local music
Kids Activities & Vendors!
Submit vendor inquiries to CTtacofestival@gmail.com
El Coyote (Monroe, Brookfield, New Milford, Jackson Heights and Forest Hills)
Rubamba restaurant (New Haven)
Hacienda Don Manuel (Brookfield)
Mezon – Tapas Bar & Restaurant (Danbury)
Tigers’ Den (Ridgefield)
Puerto Vallarta Restaurant – Danbury
Agave Mexican Restaurant Danbury CT
Hotel Zero Degrees (203) 730-9200
15 Milestone Rd, Danbury, CT 06810
Mention “CT TACO FESTIVAL” BLOCK. To guarantee your room, make reservation by 7/28
Shuttle Service Available with advanced scheduling
Discounted Room Rates:
Hey all. First time positing since Cooks vs. Cons on Food Network, more on that to come on a later date. I made this one up for Fourth of July when I had 5 picnics to go to and it went over so well that a lot of people have asked me for the recipe and I figured I would share it with everyone! Enjoy!
12 ears of corn
1/2 jar Roasted Red Peppers
1/2 jar Sun-dried Tomatoes
1 carton cherry tomatoes
1) Butter ears of corn and wrap in foil. Cook on grill or in oven around 500 degrees for 40 minutes (turn once if on grill).
2) Place all tomatoes on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook in oven or on grill with corn for 15-20 minutes on baking sheet (this way the juices are gathered on the baking sheet)
3) Rough chop the scallions, sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers.
4) Cut all corn off the cobs and put in large mixing bowl with tomatoes (reserving the juices on the side), scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted red peppers. Thoroughly mix.
5) Make a simple dressing by whisking together the juices of the tomatoes, 2 tbs olive oil, 3 cloves roasted garlic, 2 tsp ginger, 1 tbs juices from Roasted Red Pepper jar, 1 tbs juices from sun-dried tomato jar, salt, and pepper.
6) Dress the salad, mixing well, and dust with old bay seasoning.
I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did! Till next time, MaurPowerFoodie signing off.
If you’ve got a sumo sized thirst for one of CT’s newest breweries, No Worries, we’ve got an event for you: Sumoslam. This first ever event is hitting Hamden right at No Worries B…
Yes, it’s a high holy day today: it’s National Donut Day. Not like you really need any more reason to celebrate this blessed pastry, but here’s another reason: Donut Crazy is givi…
Last year I had the honor of being one of the 8 Chefs selected to compete in the CT Chefs Challenge. I am hoping to be able to compete again this year. Want to challenge me and the others for the title, the prize money, and a golden ticket to the World Food Championships? Bring it on and register!
That’s right MaurPowerFoodie Nation, I am walking in my 4th straight 40 mile Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and I need your help to raise the $1,800.00 to be an official walker. If I can raise the $1,800.00 before October 16, the day of registration, I will dye my hair and beard pink! Just Donate Here: http://t.co/7skEeyEjlY.
For those of you who don’t know, my Mom is a Breast Cancer Survivor. I know the strain it puts not only on the person going through the treatments, but on their family and friends. It is a battle, but as my Mom shows, it can be one. That being said, it is still far from a sure fire victory. But it should be! That is why I do this. I have pledged to walk 500 miles in Breast Cancer walks, because I will walk 500 miles, so you can walk 500 more. This year marks my 4th walk and I will be up to 160 miles after I complete it and if I reach my goal, will have raised over $7,200 for the cause. Please help. Whatever you can give, whether it is $5, $500, or anywhere in between, every little bit helps. AND pass on this link (http://t.co/7skEeyEjlY) to your family and friends so they can donate too. Last year I shaved my head for the walk:
This year I grew out my hair and beard and will dye it all pink if I get the $1,800! And let’s sweeten the pot a little. I will send a personalized gift box out to the winner of a contest. All you have to do is donate and comment below with your donation amount. For every $20 you donate, you get 1 entry (If you already donated, simply comment below with the amount, and you do not need to donate again). Also, for anyone who donates $100.00 or more you will be entered to win a signed, first edition of my brand new MaurPowerFoodie baseball caps!
So please…. Donate and Share this post! Help me reach my goal. Make me dye my hair pink. Win some cool prizes. I am counting on all of you. Thanks for all the support and I will see you all when I am good and sore after the 40 mile walk.